RMU IS AT THE FOREFRONT OF THIS EVER-CHANGING INDUSTRY
Preparing Leaders for the New Age of Health Care
Few industries have experienced more growth and change in the past decade than health care, and few universities have made the commitment that RMU has to lead the way in educating qualified nurses and health care administrators.
Through close ties with local and regional health care agencies like Highmark, UPMC, the Jewish Healthcare Foundation, and the Heritage Valley Health System, RMU’s School of Nursing and Health Sciences gives students outstanding clinical opportunities and an edge in this competitive industry. The brand-new 30,000-square-foot School of Nursing and Health Sciences, set to open in 2015, will include the Regional Research and Innovation in Simulation Education (RISE) Center, and allow us to expand the professional development and training programs we offer to local health care professionals.
- RMU’s M.S. in Health Services Administration degree program (online) focuses on the latest techniques in management, strategic planning, organizational leadership, communication, budgeting and finance, research and evaluation, and other disciplines to put you on the path to promotion.
- If you already hold a baccalaureate degree in nursing, RMU offers an M.S. in Nursing with a concentration in nursing education (online), combining strong interdisciplinary support courses in education and information science with focused nursing courses.
- Robert Morris University's DNP degree programs are clinically oriented, preparing graduates to employ clinical reasoning at the highest level of nursing practice to plan and implement patient care. Nurses completing the program will have a strong practice-oriented preparation with the ability to work within teams of health professionals, care for diverse populations, and lead other health care providers in providing safe, high-quality health care.
- For nationally certified nurse practitioners interested in pursuing a second certification, the Post-Master’s/Post-Doctoral Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner (PMHNP) certificate program teaches you how to manage care of individuals of all ages experiencing psychiatric diagnoses.
- RMU’s Leadership in Simulation Management certificate program (online) prepares health science educators to plan and implement evidence-based simulation instruction and to manage simulation teaching/learning systems.
Each of these advanced-level programs is taught by faculty members with real-world health care knowledge and experience, giving you an advantage in this exciting and competitive field.
Make a difference in the lives of others. Become a leader in the new age of health care—at RMU.